Tuesday, September 17, 2013

“Follow After Jesus”


 Hello precious ones of God, draw near to Me each day and let Me, your Savior Jesus, fill your heart with My love and grace. Is there anything in your life that makes drawing near to Me difficult like business, negative thoughts or distractions? Give them all to Me and trust that My sovereign grace will make a way for you. Then come and spend time with Me each day and be refreshed by My love for you.
  My dear children come close and see that I am good and My plans for you are good. Seek after My will in every situation, good or bad and I will lead you to still waters and green pastures. If you choose not to listen to or follow Me, I will let you walk your own way. But if you choose to listen to Me and obey Me, you will walk in the abundance I have for you. Nothing will be able to destroy My plans for you when you walk in obedience with Me.

  Each day as you read My Word and meditate on My great love for you, your heart will soften towards Me. You will desire to know Me more and more as you see My hand working in your life. Seek after Me at anytime of day and I will teach you My ways of walking through every day situations. Then you will be walking in complete surrender to My will and love.

  You have free will to follow after Me and My truth. You may be someone who loves and knows Me but still chooses to walk in your own ways or the ways of the world. You may not easily hear and listen to My warnings or corrections. So I will let you walk in your own will and resources. But you who listen intently to My corrections and warnings and receive then in your heart will thrive in My love, mercy and grace each day of your life. Your truest desire is to live in a way that brings glory to Me, your loving Savior, and follow in My will. For you know that walking in My will is where true protection is found.

  The desire of My heart is for you to follow after Me so closely that you hear and respond to My every warning or correction. Then you will walk in My protection from your enemies while you are lifted up above them. No matter how difficult life becomes you can always walk in My peace, love and joy. I will protect you from those who would try to harm you. When you follow Me in obedience nothing can stop My will in your life.

  “He says, “I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket. In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of the thundercloud; I tested you at the waters or Meribah. Hear, O My people, and I will warn you – if you would but listen to Me, O Israel! You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god. I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open your mouth and I will fill it. But My people would not listen to Me; Israel would not submit to Me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. If my people would but listen to Me, If Israel would follow My ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their foes! Those who hate the Lord would cringe before Him, and their punishment would last forever. But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I will satisfy you.” Psalm 81:6-16

  “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 29:11

  “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23

  “For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above my enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.” Psalm 27:5-6

  “Then Jesus said to them all, ‘If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it.” Luke 9:23-24

    If you desire to know Me and My will for you, come close to Me by reading My Word, praying and seeking My will through your day. I will lead you to walk in My peace and love. It is your choice to follow Me and I will let you live with the consequences of your choice. But if you choose to walk in obedience, then take up your cross and follow Me. The joys and difficulties you experience as you learn from Me will cause you to desire all I have for you each day. Then there will be nothing that can stop My purposes for your life.

  We will continue reading Psalm 81-85.

Blessings,

Patricia Terrell

1 comment:

  1. Hello Patricia Terrell, So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am so glad to stop by your blog "Graciours Encourager" (Lighting the Fire of Faith through God's Word ) and the post on it "follow after Jesus". Wonderful and heart warming sharing. Well I would love to read these letters of encouragements that are inspired by God to walk more closer to Him. Well let me share about me and the ministry God has given to our church. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where r4ichest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourge young people as well as adults from the west to come to Mumbai, India on a short/ long term missions t trip to work wth us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor. We would love to have you come with yuur family to work with us during your summer vacation. Also encourage young people from your church youth group to go on a missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation. By the I did visit Tucson, Arizona way back in 1997 and spoke in Church of the Nazarene over there. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete